ANN: braid 0.5 - vendor your git and svn repositories
Braid is a simple tool to help track git and svn vendor branches in a git repository.
This is a major release that brings two main features (no more braid/track branch and better merging support) and lots of usability changes, bugfixes and tweaks.
The braid project page has now moved to github, mainly because we wanted to use the wiki for documentation.
Braid now also has a google group. If you have questions or ideas about braid, please subscribe to http://groups.google.com/group/braid-gem.
Installinggem install braid
Important changes from 0.4
- removed braid/track branch
- use merge-recursive to allow changes from upstream to be automatically merged in
- added local cache to workaround git fetch limitations
Other changes from 0.4
- improved messages
- refactoring all around
- moved to test/spec from rspec
- basic integration tests
Coming soon in braid 0.6
- braid switch
- braid format-patch
- braid import
- braid outdated
- braid list
- bash completion
- possibly, windows compatibility
Will be imported into disqus real soon.